Reasons Why My Choice Is Always WordPress
WordPress is the CMS platform I learned how to use before anything else. I taught myself how to use it (many years ago) and therefore know how easy it is for others to learn too. What makes it even easier today is there are many people like me willing to provide you with easy to follow, step-by-step WordPress tutorials.
Here are seven reasons why I think you should use WordPress.
1) It’s Free and Easy To Use
WordPress is a free and open source website or blogging platform. It can be installed by anyone. There are free themes (although they are not recommended for various reasons…and not just by me.) However, there are also premium WordPress themes and premium plugins, which come with a cost but well worth it. Or you can have an original design created by a web designer.
Either way, it is easy to use, install and get started. Within minutes you can be ‘blogging’ or building your website.
Receive Business & Marketing Tips
Strategies to Succeed Online and Offline
Subscribe today to receive business tools and marketing strategies to boost your brand and increase your profits!
2) Superior Functionality and Design Options
WordPress has grown and developed into a superior, intuitive platform. It grows with the changing times and demands required. It’s simple, it looks great, and it can do everything you need it to do and probably more than you will ever need or use! It is also easily updated to any new version release with just a few clicks. There are plenty of design options available and they can be easily changed with a new theme upload.
- You can pay for premium themes, or use ‘Child Themes’ so that any updates to your chosen theme do not affect your design customizations. For example I love to use Genesis as the design framework and all the customizations to the design are done in my child theme. If Genesis and WordPress are updated, the actual visual design is not affected.
3) Security Features
Everyday someone’s website is hacked and destroyed. If you have secure, safe web hosting you are half way there, but your host is not solely responsible for your WordPress security. Firstly, you need a strong username and password. I recommend (and use) 20 digits in all shapes and sizes, characters and all. I also suggest you don’t use ‘admin’ as your username…ever!
If you install a security plugin and create a strong password and username…WordPress can be extremely secure. Cheap or freebie themes that are not recommended by WordPress.org and plugins that are not maintained…you should take care when using these, risks are likely. People can hack the code in these sites far more easily.
- It’s also very important to back up your website. If you ever are hacked you can reinstall a clean backup and WordPress makes this an easy process.
4) On Page Search Engine Optimization Taken Care Of
On-page SEO is also made easy with WordPress. You can install an SEO plugin and in the areas provided, you can enter your post/page title and description (your meta tags/information) and show your ‘keyword-researched’ article correctly. Plus if you are writing regular content, your SEO will almost be taken care of. It is also a well-known fact that Google loves WordPress.
- WordPress is also perfect for structuring your website in an easy manner. Your categories and tags, menu navigation, important pages etc., can all be set to take advantage of good SEO strategies.
5) Website Can Be Read By Anyone
Some people do not realize that some websites are invisible or impossible to read for those with various handicaps. Did you know that blind people can and do ‘read’ websites? All WordPress websites are accessible to people with various disabilities without any extra coding.
- The only thing you might want to remember to do is always fill in the “alt” text for photographs and images so that they will know what a photo is by hearing their reader state what the graphic description is.
6) WordPress Websites Grow With You
You can build your WordPress website as big as you want and as slow or as fast as you want. Plus you can add as many functions as you want…within reason. (Don’t bloat your website with hundreds of plugins!) There is really nothing that cannot be accomplished with a WordPress website. Small and large businesses use WordPress as their CMS (content management system).
- WordPress is big! You can start small and continue to grow without having to start all over again with a new website.
7) Mobile Responsive
There are many WordPress themes available that are mobile responsive, which means they ‘respond’ to all sized devices, whether it be a full-size PC or your smartphone. Your customers will be able to view your website easily and if you are wanting to login to your dashboard from your iPhone or tablet, you can! Your dashboard can be viewed easily too.
Even More Reasons
Other than these 7 reasons, there are many more that have come to mind…including the WordPress community support. If you get stuck, you can ask the community (or me) for help. WordPress tutorials are all over the web and if you need assistance there is always help available.
I provide video tutorials in the ‘Admin Dashboard’ of all sites I create, so again, help is always available.
Perhaps I should have made this article 9 reasons, because I can’t help but add that you can use WordPress websites for every type of website imaginable. Whether you require an eCommerce site, an online portfolio website or membership site, only your imagination can stop you.
Whatever you have in mind, WordPress can fulfill your online business requirements. You also don’t need to be a coding or programming expert either. As you can see, there are many reasons why you could or should choose WordPress to be your CMS platform.