Cloak Affiliate Links From Your Own Domain
I would like to show you how you can cloak your affiliate links using a WordPress plugin or with a php script that you can upload to your server if you don’t use WordPress, or don’t want to install another plugin.
In the past I always used php redirects to cloak my links simply because I like to use as little plugins as possible. Pretty Link WordPress Plugin is an exception to my rule as it is a premium plugin that has many excellent features.
Watch My Video To Show You How
Features Of The WordPress Pretty Link Plugin
The Pretty Link plugin has many features, but without getting to technical these are the ones that make it :
- You can create links from your own domain URl
- Allows you to create a custom ‘slug’ for your URL. For example, this is my affiliate link to ‘Pretty Link’. https://websitedesignsaustralia.com/prettylink
- You can view the amount of clicks you receive on your links in your dashboard
- Organize your links into ‘Groups’ or categories
- Use your links anywhere on the Internet and still be able to track your links! If you post to Facebook and someone clicks your link it still shows as a hit on your link. No more guessing. I like to create some links with “fb” in them too, so that I only use the links on Facebook. It’s a great way to split test your campaigns.
- Make your links “nofollow” which is very important if you are an affiliate marketer and more!
How To Create A PHP Affiliate Link Redirect
If you do not want to use a plugin or do not have a WordPress website you can create your own PHP redirect. As mentioned in the video this is the script you would use.
<?php header(“Location: https://prettylinkpro.com?aff=susan”); ?>
Replace my affiliate link with any link of your own. Paste that PHP code into your text pad and save as a PHP. (Save the file for example like this: prettylink.php)
Once you have saved the file upload it to the “public_html” of your website. I like to create a folder to store all my phps in.
If you have any questions, please ask me in the comment section below…and if you like my tutorial I would love you to share with your friends. 😉
Disclaimer – I am an affiliate for Pretty Link, however, there is a free version, which is perfect for most website owners!